1.20.2010

Fiddle Dee Dee

In the words of Professor Henry Higgins (My Fair Lady (1964)), "By George, I really did it, I did it, I did it!"


I bought a new cell phone. Remember I regaled you with tales of the
old phone? Well, I ordered a new phone while I was out Monday and guess what came in the mail Tuesday? Yep -- a brand new phone, with push buttons that really work!(@.t.t gets no complaints from me). I can read complete text messages now! I can call people without knowing their numbers in advance! I can turn the ringer off at work so my funky ring tone doesn't get me in trouble with the @nchorm@n!!


Here's the old phone.



And here's the new phone.




Yep, it has all the bells and whistles that Super Mommie needs.
SM is happier than a Sc@r.lett O**H@ra at the 12 Oaks bbq (you know, before that 'damned war'.)!

On a side note, The Princess and I had an in depth conversation about cell phones and what it would take for her to get one. Oh, I know that the day is soon approaching but she felt that if she could get a job to help pay for the phone, she could get it earlier. She decided that she would get a job at the @.t.t store so that she could get a free phone and minutes. I explained that 13 year olds couldn't work at the @.t.t store. However, the store manager assured me he'd find a place for her and let her work under that table.


As kind as that sounds, I don't want my kid's first work experience to be 'How to Work Under The Table 101.' It could be setting the child up for a life of avoiding the tax man.

For now, I'm content with my phone and will leave worrying about a phone for The Princess until later. "
I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow". (Scarlett O'Hara, Gone With The Wind (1939))



1 comment:

  1. Yurrull!! It's fun when you get some gadgets that actually works. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete