1.18.2010

#51 Living - Find original letter to my body and revise it.


ORIGINAL LETTER (2008)

A Letter To My Body

Dear Body,

I love you. You are such a special body. No one else has one quite like you. You have an extra roll or two and other people might find that bad. But I’m ok with it. I’m not always happy about it but I’m very ok with it.

Just so you know, I have no major problems with you at all. I have relatively no leg hair, my underarm hair is manageable and my facial hair is kept at a minimum. I kinda wish you would grow long hair (on the top of my head) but hey, I still have some hair so ok, whatever works for you.

I don’t know if you like being a size 12 or 14 verses an 8 or 10 but that’s where we seem to stay. We don’t seem to go anywhere else. Size 12/14 is pretty comfortable for me; is it ok with you? Well, it must be, because you don’t seem to budge. No matter what I eat or don’t eat, no matter if I exercise or not. It’s ok though.

By exercise, I mean yoga. I like yoga but you seem to like the meditative type. I like to walk but only short distances and not strenuously. That’s ok with me, if it’s ok with you.

You are still able to attract men. (Let’s work on attracting attractive men). That’s good. Keep up the good work. You still look relatively young. I’ll keep working on that with external beauty products along with the vegetarian lifestyle and vitamins.

Basically body, you are doing a damn good job. You are healthy, happy and wise. I’m proud of you. I couldn’t have asked for a better body and honestly, I wouldn’t ask for a better one.


NEW LETTER (2010)

Dear Body,

I still love you and you are still the best body a woman could have. I have no complaints at all and neither do the 1 or 2 people that have seen you without clothes on. “The girls” look good, my arse doesn’t scare off fish, I still can reel in a decent looking chap, I’m good. My eyesight is ok, my hearing is good...trust me – this is not a letter of complaint. No sir. If anything, this is a letter of gratitude.

Last year we had the whole, high blood pressure scare and we had to loose some of that fat (and thusly a few dress sizes – yea me!) and that caused “the girls” to droop a bit (boo hiss). But, we’re good, we’re good. Our blood pressure is under control and the doctor isn’t screaming we’re gonna die, so I’m ok.

We still have rolls. They are smaller, but they are still there. That’s totally my fault though. If I’d control portions better (and exercise properly, with more consistency) perhaps the rolls would run away. No worries. The rolls are happy, I’m happy.

And, we are healthy. Yes, yes, yes, we are fit as a fiddle. We are eating better, healthier foods than ever before. We’ll continue to work on eating less of those healthy foods (side note – you cannot eat as many veggies as you want. It’s still calories, healthy calories, but still calories).

The facial and leg hair is good, the underarm hair is ok and the hair on the head, well, I’ll keep cutting it cause damn it, it doesn’t want to grow properly. Don't cry hair, I still love you too. I don't like you sometimes, but I love you all the time!

Body, you’ve been very, very good to me over the last 37 ½ years. If you continue to be good to me, I’ll continue to slip you cheese laden foods, chocolate and sex every now and then. Only, every now and then though. You can’t overdo it on any of those things.

….oh please! Like someone can over do it on those things!

Love ya body!

No comments:

Post a Comment