8.15.2010

Movie Review - The Weekend of Chick Lit

1. Eat. Pray. Love.
2. The Proposal *
3. Somethings Gotta Give
4. Did You Hear About The Morgans?
5. It's Complicated
6. Valentines Day

Yep, it was one hell of a chick-lit weekend. I saw 6 (count 'em) chick-lits this weekend. Yes, by Sunday night I am an emotional wreck! But, I did it. Approximately 14 hours of my life watching sappy, girlie, movies.

A friend of mine suggested many of these movies to me. I decided that this weekend I'd bite the bullet and get it done. Now, everyone that knows me, knows that I don't watch movies all willie nillie. I have things to do and spending 2 hours watching a random movie doesn't always interest me. A movie has to be a damned good one for me to commit. Well, all of these were very, very good.

1. Eat. Pray. Love.
OMG. It was so good. Every woman should watch this movie. There are so many lessons wrapped in laughter. No matter where you are in your life you can get something out of it. What did I get? Motivated. I love the fact that Julia Robert's character goes through such a range of emotions. I think we all do, we just deal with them differently.

2. The Proposal *
This one almost doesn't count. I own it. I went to see it opening weekend last year and fell in love with it. The Tuesday it came out on DVD, I received it as a gift. I've seen it a dozen times and it's funny every time. Sandy, Ryan and Betty are tooooooo funny!

3. Somethings Gotta Give
Very good. A really good examination of older relationships. I know, I'm only in my late 30's but I'm in a stage further along than some people my age. I've got a couple of marriages under my belt and a teenager that is going to drive me to drive (more). I can totally relate.

4. Did You Hear About The Morgans?
I love Hugh Grant. He was superb. This was definitely a couples movie. Some couples are lucky enough to remember why they married in the first place and put the pieces back together. Other couples wonder if you really can suffocate a person with a pillow (no, you can't - don't ask how I know).

5. It's Complicated.
ROTFLMAO - Do you hear me! This was just a great cast of folks. Meryl, Steve and Alec need awards (did they get awards?) I hurt myself laughing. I think my neighbors were a bit peeved cause I roared with laughter several times. I was glad that the movie ended the way it did. (Sid e note - I need to get skype).

6. Valentines Day
Cute. Very, very cute. Alot of people, alot of stuff going on but in the end cute. It had some parts that I didn't see coming but I sniffled at the end and that makes a great movie.

Ok, now I need to cleanse and watch something bloody or something. That was too much mushy. I'm think I'm gonna go read a dirty novel now.

No comments:

Post a Comment