8.03.2010

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The School Supply Store...

I think I've mentioned a time or two that I currently live in a hell hole apartment. Well, it's come to my attendtion that the people that live here are guardians for hell.

Last week I received a note on my door stating there would be a school supply drive last Saturday. We were supposed to meet, grab a list and meet back up the following week. I'm all about the kiddies and school supplies so I got my little happy self to the place. I always spread the gospel about how important it is to support the children, teachers and schools. Remember, I believe the children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty.... (sorry, I digress - old Whitney Houston song - before Bobbbbayyyyy!).

So last Saturday I show up for the meeting along with 3 other do gooders. We get a handwritten list and our orders to bring back items during the week. Then the items would be dispersed this Saturday (2 days before school).

That sounds great. I exchange phone numbers with the ladies, take my list and prepare to fulfill my RAOK list. The Princess has extra things like blunt tip scissors and color pencils that I always have on hand and doesn't everyone have stuff on sale right now? What's it gonna hurt to spend an extra fiver on someone else?

So Sunday I purchase a few things and pull a few things from my own stash. I plan to go back to the stores during the week and complete my task. Then yesterday I get this call.

"Hey Super Mommie. This is Neighborhood Naomi. Have you taken your supplies over to Do Gooder Debbie?"

"No, not yet. I'm gonna do that Friday."

"Well, don't."

(pregnant pause)

(( I've always wanted to use "a pregnant pause"))

"I beg your pardon?"

"Don't take anything over. I just came from over there today and found out that we aren't collecting for the apartment complex, we're collecting for Do Gooder Debbie."

(another pregnant pause)

((two in one post!))

"Are you sure?"

Neighborhood Naomi proceeded to tell me that she took her supplies over and DGD told her that she didn't have the right type of dry erase markers. NN explained that all teachers use this kind. Then DGD pulled out her list and said that HER daughter's teacher didn't want that kind. NN asked her who, exactly, where we collecting for. She said mainly her daughter but anyone else that needed supplies could ask her for some.

NN grabbed her supplies and went home to make several irate phone calls. The first one being to the front leasing office.

I'm sure there will be another note on my door today when I get home.

Damn it, I'm ready to move! November can't get here fast enough.

1 comment:

  1. I can't seem to be able to close my mouth...What the french toast? You have to give it to her for coming up with such a brilliant idea, everybody needs a side hustle. LMAO

    ReplyDelete