4.21.2010

Planning For The Future (with Paperdolls)

One of my "bookies" gave me a Mark Hansen (of Chicken Soup for the Soul fame) "Wealth Writers" seminar DVD. It had some very good takeaways.

One takeaway is that I am supposed to make a dream/vision board. One for my goals in life and one for any book that I am writing. Needless to say, it means not doing any work and googling clip art all day. The board for each book as I write it seems like a great idea. You use sticky notes for each chapter and points within each chapter (dialog/actions, etc.). I don't know why I didn't think of it myself.

However, I've been resistant to doing a d/v board for goals in my life because to me is seems like a gateway drug for paperdolls. I'm a list gal myself and adding pictures to the list, well, seems like something the Princess did when she was 8. Still, I'm game for almost anything that may assist in making myself the famous romance novelist that I fancy myself to be. So, google images, here I come.

I also have to make 101 life goals in 20 minutes. No, not the same as my 101 things in 1001 days. These 101 in 20 minutes goals are things like become debt free, buy a house, stop stalking famous song producers - stuff like that - a complete bucket list, not just things to do within the next 2 1/2 years. Once you've completed each thing you take a purple pen and write "victory" next to the item. Mark claims to have thousands of things on his list. I guess so if you put every thing that you think of down. But, I've got 20 minutes to kill. Here goes.

(clock goes from 2:50pm - 3:10pm).

Ok, I'm back. I managed to write down 56 things. They are pretty good. Now, it's your turn. YOU make 101 life goals in 20 minutes. Keep the list. Post it somewhere. Add to it.

AND, while we're at it, make a d/v board . If I gotta do it, so do you! I'll post the pics tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment