3.01.2010

Is This What You Planned?

I just wrote the check and sealed the envelope on the forms for my high school reunion...my 20 year high school reunion.

It seems so long ago yet just a while back that I was in high school, my entire life ahead of me. Those giggling girls that I was friends with would be my friends forever and that football player that I dated, well he'd be the man that would walk me down the isle, or so it would seem.

The 5 year reunion wasn't even a thought. I had just left those people. I was a newly married woman in a different state (no, not the football player -- someone totally different). Who wanted to travel 600 miles for a weekend full of people just out of college? My 10 year reunion was missed as well. I was too busy dealing with life. At that time, it seemed that it was more than I could handle. I had a small baby and I didn't have time to compare life notes with anyone. I didn't go to the 15 year reunion either. I had just gotten a divorce and was still finding my way through the mess.

20 years? I'm ready. I have my footing. I feel right in my skin. It only took 18 years for me to discover who I am and what I want. I'm not afraid to go by myself or ask a friend to go with me. I enjoy my job and get paid pretty well for doing it. I have the world's most beautiful Princess and I am so proud of the job that I've done raising her. Yep, I'm ready - not because of what I've done or haven't done but because I understand who I am.

So many people worry about what they haven't done by now or what they should have done by now. When I was in high school I thought I'd be a teacher married with 6 kids. I'm not a teacher, I'm not married and only have 1 kid. What did I know back then? I thought that would make me happy. Nope, I've never been happier than I am now (except for that time the Princess and I made molten chocolate cake with real vanilla ice cream - I was pretty damned happy in that moment!).

I'm excited to see the girls and the pictures that tell the beginnings of our lives. I'm ready to show off who am I am and where I am. No, I'm not where I thought I'd be...I'm in a far better, happier place!


TOP TEN SONGS OF 1990

1990
December 23, 1989 - January 13, 1990:
Another Day In Paradise - Phil Collins
January 20 - February 9:
How Am I Supposed To Live Without You - Michael Bolton
February 10 - March 2:
Opposites Attract - Paula Abdul with The Wild Pair
March 3 - March 23:
Escapade - Janet Jackson
March 24 - April 6:
Black Velvet - Alannah Myles
April 7 - April 13:
Love Will Lead You Back - Taylor Dayne
April 14 - April 20:
I'll Be Your Everything - Tommy Page
April 21 - May 18:
Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor
May 19 - June 8:
Vogue - Madonna
June 9 - June 15:
Hold On - Wilson Phillips
June 16 - June 29:
It Must Have Been Love - Roxette
June 30 - July 21:
Step by Step - New Kids on the Block
July 21 - August 3:
She Ain't Worth It - Glenn Medeiros featuring Bobby Brown
August 4 - August 31:
Vision of Love - Mariah Carey
September 1 - September 7:
If Wishes Came True - Sweet Sensation
September 8 - September 14:
Blaze of Glory Jon - Bon Jovi
September 15 - September 29:
Release Me - Wilson Phillips
September 29 - October 5:
(I Can't Live Without Your) Love & Affection - Nelson
October 6 - October 12:
Close to You - Maxi Priest
October 13 - October 19:
Praying for Time - George Michael
October 20 - October 26:
I Don't Have the Heart - James Ingram
October 27 - November 2:
Black Cat - Janet Jackson
November 3 - November 9:
Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice
November 10 - November 30:
Love Takes Time - Mariah Carey
December 1 - December 7:
I'm Your Baby Tonight - Whitney Houston
December 8, 1990 - January 4, 1991:
Because I Love You (The Postman Song) - Stevie B

No comments:

Post a Comment