11.11.2009

Happy Veterans Day!

As a daughter of a veteran, I must stop today and say thank you for ALL that you do. You don't have to do what you do, you choose to. Many of you go, not just willingly but with a NEED to go out and protect this country. I thank you all for your unselfishness and your dedication your country. I honestly sleep better at night knowing that you have my back.

I want to say thank you to the families of the veterans as well. The wives/husbands that stayed home to take care of matters here so that our soldiers, no, our heroes can go out and keep us safe. I know first hand that it involves a lot of sleepless nights and a lot of tears. I appreciate your unselfishness as well.

And the children that miss mommies and daddies and are really too young to understand why their other parent isn't there. You loan us your mommies and daddies - You are heroes too little ones.

I have two favorite veterans that I often say 'I love you' to. Today when I tell you that I love you, it's for a different reason. Today I love you for what you did for your country; what you did for your families. I am very, very proud of both of you. I love you daddy! I love you honey!
And thank you heroes, no matter where you are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment