4.15.2010

Take far too many pictures, laugh just a little bit too loudly, be sure to forgive freely, and love like you've never been hurt.

That has been my header for the past 6 mos. Tomorrow is the big day. My "burf-um-day".

Each year I vow to live my life a certain way all year. This year I am vowing to live several ways.

Take far too many pictures
I have a friend that doesn't believe in pictures. He feels that you should take mental snapshots of people/places/things. I just bought a camera (yea me!) so this year I am taking far too many pictures. If you are near me, watch out! I'll be snapping pictures wherever I go! I'll post some of them. I'm not really big on posting pictures. I might want to run for public office one day (ha! I've already screwed that up!!).

Laugh just a little bit too loudly
Oh wow, this will be hard (not). This year I vow to have fun. I'll laugh and sing and have a good time. Sounds like I need to buy some wine!!

Be sure to forgive freely
Ummm, ok. I'll work on this one. Most people don't mean to be hurtful or harmful. Decide what if they mean to be mean and then forgive them. You'll feel better in the end.

Live emotionally well
I'll work on this one too. What does this mean? Well, instead of saying be honest or say what's on your mind, this mean just be nice. That doesn't mean lie, it just means be nice. Yes, I can still talk about your mini skirt and hairy legs, I just can't do it within earshot of you. AND, I can't do it all the time (sorry Tall Girl - your texts should go down drastically!!).

Love like you've never been hurt
Geeze Louise that one is hard. I have been hurt and it sucks. But, I'll love anyway. BUT, I will love me first. (sorry again Tall Girl - it doesn't mean what you think).

Work like you don't need the money
I've been writing. It's my first love. Right now it doesn't pay the bills but one day, it will. This is my promise to myself. Universe, make it happen!

Dance like no one is watching
Not a problem. I'm terrible dancer and an even worse singer but I do them both. It's one of the things "MY Jackie" told me to do before she passed away. I take every opportunity to do them both.

I've posted the paragraph below. It's worth posting again. It's this year's
credo.

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to
ever let us down, probably will. You'll have your heart broken and you'll break
others' hearts. You'll fight with your best friend or maybe even fall in love
with them, and you'll cry because time is flying by. So take too many pictures,
laugh too much, forgive freely, and love like you've never been hurt. Life comes
with no guarantees, no time outs, no second chances. You just have to live life
to the fullest, tell someone what they mean to you and tell someone off, speak
out, dance in the pouring rain, hold someone's hand, comfort a friend, fall
asleep watching the sun come up, stay up late, be a flirt, and smile until your
face hurts. Don't be afraid to take chances or fall in love and most of all,
live in the moment because every second you spend angry or upset is a second of
happiness you can never get back.


No comments:

Post a Comment