2.01.2010

RECORD REVIEW - Corinne Bailey Rae - The Sea

First, I'm half British (in my head I am) so I love almost all things British. CBR is no exception. When I heard "Put Your Records On" my love affair with her music began.

I found out about this release quite by accident. But, thankfully, I found out in time. I called in late to work last Tuesday and went to the W.@lly W.0rld to pick up my copy.

At first I gave it a B+. The mood somber, the words hard to hear against the backdrop of really great music. But then, I read the words as I listed to the songs and her grade got a 10 point improvement. A total A+.

I listened to this ALL weekend. This "record" is slow, thought provoking British sound with GREAT music. I love it! If you aren't sure if you should grab a copy or download it, I say do it. You'll thank me later.

http://www.corinnebaileyrae.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment