12.05.2009

Cinnamon Syrup!

Guess what I made today?! Yep, cinnamon syrup!

Anyone that knows me knows that I have coffee every morning and I love cinnamon flavored syrup. Well, I've been purchasing bottles of syrup for years and using it sparingly for fear that I would run out and wouldn't find a "famous Seattle house of coffee" soon enough that sold the flavor tha I like. Or, I'd pay $5 a day for a large cinnamon something-something-something latte.

Well, the economy doesn't really let me drink a $5 coffee each day and feel good about it. And, even though the purchasing of syrup helps, I'd rather spend even less and not have to drive 20 miles out of my way to find it (I know it's odd but not all "coffee houses" sell the cinnamon flavor).

In my desperation (I was down to two day's worth or syrup!!) I looked on the internet and found a site that told me how to make my own cinnamon syrup. I needed to make a simple syrup (using brown sugar instead of granulated sugar) and steep cinnamon sticks while it cooks for 10 - 15 minutes. Then let it cool and wha-la! Cinnamon syrup.

Oh de-lish! Oh happy day! I can make my own cinnamon syrup? I really can have it all! Ok, maybe that's extreme but whatever...

No comments:

Post a Comment