11.29.2009

Eye Crust

I woke up to a scary sight this morning (no, not Mr. Vampiro - he just sounds scary in the morning). I woke up to the pinkest eyes I have ever seen in my life.

I prepared myself for the worst. I'd have to call out sick Monday and I'd have to make a doctor's appointment. Because I wear contacts, I can't use eyedrops without consulting my doctor so no homeopathic remedies for me.

I couldn't even go back to sleep. Normally an early morning snuggle with the snoring vampire makes me smile but all I could think about were my eyes. What little bugger did this to me? I hadn't been around kids all weekend. Must have been the nasty little monsters in the stores.

I sighed and hauled my invalid self to the family doctor -- Ma Mere. I stumbled in, my eyes feeling heavy and my head even hurting a little bit. Side effects of pink eye, no doubt.

I cried to my mommie. She took a look at me.

   "What tune did y'all go to sleep?"

"2am."

"Have you gone to bed before 12 any night since Tuesday?"

"No."

"Did you enjoy the new wine you got on Thanksgiving?"

"Oh yeah. I had a big glass of it last night."

"You don't have pink eye. You have 'I drank too much and slept too little' eye."

"But, I have eye crust!"

"So."


The doctor has spoken. I'm not sure I'm 100% sure but I went home none-the-less.

I'll take better care of myself from now on. I'll sleep better and drink less.

Now excuse me. This coffee needs a little 'somethin somethin' in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment